When best to travel
- What is the best time to travel to Greenland?
- What is not a good time for travelling in Greenland?
- How is the climate in Greenland?
- What are typical activities in summer or in winter?
- Where and when can I best witness the midnight sun?
- Where and when can I best witness the northern lights?
- How is the daylight during winter in Greenland?
- Which entry requirements apply to Greenland?
- What are the customs regulations entering Greenland?
Getting there and around
- How can I get to Greenland?
- Do I need to stopover in Copenhagen or Reykjavik before or after travelling to Greenland?
- How long are flight durations to Greenland?
- What is the baggage allowance on flights to Greenland?
- How can I get around in Greenland?
Booking your adventure
- How do I book a tour with Greenland Tours?
- How far in advance do you recommend to book?
- Should I book activities in advance or can I book them on the spot?
- When and in what format do I receive my travel documents?
- What if I have to cancel my trip?
Being safe and sound
- Do I need travel insurance?
- Are vaccinations required when travelling to Greenland?
- Do I need to meet certain requirements when taking part in your tours?
- What about medical care in Greenland?
- Can I travel with children in Greenland?
- What is the currency in Greenland?
- How much Danish krone (DKK) in cash should I bring to Greenland?
- Where can I withdraw money in Greenland?
- How is the acceptance for credit cards in Greenland?
- Is tipping common in Greenland?
Having a chat
- What is the official language in Greenland?
- Can I get by with English in Greenland?
- How is mobile phone reception in Greenland?
- How is internet and mobile internet connection in Greenland?
- How will Greenland Tours contact you once in Greenland?
- Do I need a power plug adapter or voltage converter?
Sleeping and eating
- What types of accommodation are there in Greenland?
- What is the Greenlandic cuisine like?
- What choice of restaurants is there in Greenland?
- How can I cater for myself in Greenland?
- Is there vegetarian or vegan food in Greenland?
- What are the approximate costs for meals?
Facts and figures
- How many people live in Greenland?
- What is the capital city of Greenland?
- What religions are there in Greenland?
- Are there UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Greenland?
Traditions and culture
- How to immerse into Greenlandic culture?
- What is a kaffemik?
- What is a Tupilak?
- How does the traditional dress in Greenland look like?
- Which animals are there in Greenland?
- How likely is it to encounter a polar bear in Greenland?
- How are the chances for whale watching?
- Are there mosquitoes in Greenland?
- Beware of sled dogs!
Being stuck in Greenland
- How about the risk of flight delays and cancellations in Greenland?
- What happens when my flight is delayed or cancelled?
- How can I best use my extra time when being stuck?
- How can I best use a stopover in Kangerlussuaq?
- What if an individual activity is cancelled by the local provider due to bad weather?
- Are the trips you are offering group or individual trips?
- Can you send us a printed brochure or catalogue?
- Where can I find good maps and city maps?
- Where can I find literature about Greenland?