Destination Arctic Circle holds Greenland's most important airport - the airport in Kangerlussuaq. The former U.S. Air Force base serves as a hub offering many connections to the smaller airports spread out across Greenland. There are hardly any roads in Greenland but here a 25 km dirt road connects Kangerlussuaq with the mighty ice cap. Nowhere else in Greenland there is easier access to the Greenland ice cap.
The region offers a vast backland with mountains, secluded lakes and the perfect possibility to see musk oxen and other arctic animals, like reindeer and arctic hare, up close.
Did not find what you were looking for?
Please contact us, we will assist and design your very own adventure in Greenland.Go to contact form
- Camp overnight on the Greenland Ice CapSam Alive
- Pretty cold at Point 660 near Kangerlussuaq in GreenlandBjörn Koth
- Taking a break on the way to the Camp Ice CapVisit Greenland - Mads Pihl
- As far as you can see - ice!Greenland Tours - Elli Thor Magnusson
- Musk oxen in GreenlandJens-Pavia Brandt
- Experienced local guides show you the hinterland of Kangerlussuaq in GreenlandVisit Greenland - Mads Pihl