Destination Arctic Circle
Destination Arctic Circle holds Greenland's most important airport - the airport in Kangerlussuaq. The former U.S. Air Force base serves as a hub offering many connections to the smaller airports spread out across Greenland. There are hardly any roads in Greenland but here a 25 km dirt road connects Kangerlussuaq with the mighty ice cap. Nowhere else in Greenland there is easier access to the Greenland ice cap.
The region offers a vast backland with mountains, secluded lakes and the perfect possibility to see musk oxen and other arctic animals, like reindeer and arctic hare, up close.
5 days exploring Disko Bay in winter incl. visit to the Greenland Ice Cap
Best of the West
9 days exploring Disko Bay incl. Disko Island and visit to the Greenland Ice Cap
Coastal Ship - South & West
13 days in the south & west of Greenland incl. 5 days on board Sarfaq Ittuk
Did not find what you were looking for?
Please contact us, we will assist and design your very own adventure in Greenland.Go to contact form
- Camp overnight on the Greenland Ice CapSam Alive
- Pretty cold at Point 660 near Kangerlussuaq in GreenlandBjörn Koth
- Taking a break on the way to the Camp Ice CapVisit Greenland - Mads Pihl
- As far as you can see - ice!Greenland Tours - Elli Thor Magnusson
- Musk oxen in GreenlandJens-Pavia Brandt
- Experienced local guides show you the hinterland of Kangerlussuaq in GreenlandVisit Greenland - Mads Pihl