Covid-19 info | What is available?

Covid-19 info | What is available?

updated: July 22, 2021
next expected update: July 30, 2021

Quick update:

Greenland has lifted its entry regulations further. If you have been fully vaccinated, you no longer need to be quarantined on arrival in Greenland, nor do you need to take a re-test. Flights from Copenhagen to Greenland have been limited to 1000 seats per week, flights from Iceland to Greenland to 60 seats per week.

Availability:

Currently all flights from Copenhagen to Greenland are fully booked in July and August. Flights between Iceland and Greenland have been all cancelled, except one flight per week to the capital Nuuk. At the moment there are only a few seats early to mid September from Copenhagen available.

Greenland is a self-governing territory within the Kingdom of Denmark, therefore Denmark's entry requirements apply to Greenland as well, but can be further tightened by Greenland.

Travel regulations for Denmark:

Fully vaccinated travellers whose permanent residence is in a yellow or orange EU and Schengen country or a yellow or orange OECD country or a yellow third country and who have been vaccinated with an EMA-approved vaccine in the EU are allowed to enter the country without being subject to testing and quarantine requirements.
Link to detailed regulations.

Travel regulations for Greenland:

All people arriving are required to be PCR-tested maximum 48 hours prior to departure and to present a completed SUMUT form at flight check-in. Non-vaccinated travellers need to go directly into quarantine at their end-destination and to end it, a negative test on the fifth day of quarantine is required. For fully vaccinated travellers (who have received the final injection at least 14 days prior to travel), restrictions are further eased from 1st of July. Specifically, this means that fully vaccinated travellers do not need to go into quarantine and they do not have to be re-tested in Greenland anymore. These regulations are valid until 1 September 2021 and are subject to the further pandemic developments.
Link to official source.

Travel regulations for Iceland:

All travellers who can present a valid certificate of vaccination or of previous COVID infection can enter Iceland. Starting 26 July 2021 visitors will also need to show a negative Covid-19 test result. The Covid-19 test can be either PCR or rapid antigen and must be no older than 72 hours.
Link to official source.

Covid-19 situation in Greenland:

In Greenland there are very few Covid-19 cases. In total, 83 persons were affected by Covid-19 in Greenland, and 58 of them have recovered, 25 of them are currently in quarantine. The reopening for entry to Greenland started with all due caution in order to keep Covid-19 infections as low as possible. Greenland as the world's largest island with about 85% of its territory covered by ice only has a tiny population of around 56.000 inhabitants who need to be protected. They are living in small towns and settlements far away from each other. There usually is a hospital in the towns and a nursing clinic in the settlements, and the national hospital in the capital Nuuk. Greenland has started vaccination against Covid-19 in early January 2021 and it is assumed that the majority of the population has been offered a vaccine in August/September.

Traveling in Greenland during the Covid-19 pandemic:

Travellers that visit Greenland are characterised by their love of nature and the great outdoors. They want to experience the vastness of the country most commonly on an individual basis. 90 percent of Greenland Tours’ adventurers are travelling the country individually, meaning as singles, couples, family or small groups of friends, the remaining 10 percent travel in small organised hiking groups. Responsible and considerate travel has always been important to us and our adventurers. We are therefore providing detailed information on all measures taken by the Greenlandic government to continue to protect both locals and travellers.

Flexible booking conditions:

You would like to plan and book your Greenland adventure with us, but feel insecure in regard to the further developments concerning the Corona virus. Please feel free to request your desired tour and we will send you information about possible flexible booking conditions along with your individual offer.

We are there for you:

Our Greenland experts are available Monday to Friday from 9:30 to 17:00 Central European Standard Time. You can contact us by email at info@greenlandtours.com or by phone at +49 30 364 283 630. We will be more than happy to assist you with any of your questions.

Your Greenland Tours Team